Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Walking Groups Dog walkers in Northamptonshire?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Justine&Rafe

Ooooh, had a good read of that link you posted… Quite interesting, shame it just looks like a mound now!

Noooo… haven’t found pics of them yet… Errr… Will go have a hunt, see if I can find them.

Btw, went back to Hunsbury today…It’s MASSIVE.  I got a wee bit lost, but eventually found my way back.  Rafe found a ball so he was pleased with himself.

Anonymous

Hi,

hehe – glad rafe round a ball bless him !  wonder if its one we’ve lost lol !!! 🙂

massive?  we walked round almost all of it last thursday !  maybe it just seemed smaller then – it can seem a bit lonely and big at times 🙂 

bet you didnt meet anyone lol !! 

I will be up for another walkies next week 🙂

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Perhaps it was only big because I went round it a few times trying to find the car park bit?!!

Walkies next week is an absolute yes.  Either the park or I could show you the wonders of Flore!!

Anonymous

Hi,

aww – u should have given me a ring and i would have sent the search hounds out for you 🙂

happy to come to you but it’ll be mid-late afternoon if thats OK – plus i’ll have been bamboozled by a 2hr lecture just before so you might get the odd word in edgeways !! 🙂

then next time we can explore the wonders of west hunsbury if you like … with its gorgeous views over to Milton Crem and the new earthworks for proposed building off Junction 15a 😀  (it is a nice walk i promise – and just as close to you as the east hunsbury one !!).  there is a river in this park with bridges over so u can play poohsticks 🙂  …. sadly i dont always let mine in as Bonnie brings a new meaning to the word dog paddle and william tires easily – will depend if its looking 4-5ft deep and flowing like white water course !!  fear not tho – if they get as muddy as last time there is a lake opposite complete with ducks to chase lol !! 🙂

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Water?  There is a walk with water??  Rivers?  Lakes?  Rafe says to count him in for definite!!

Then you’ll see him in his happiest state.  And there’s no way I could keep Rafe away from the water, to warn you in advance – if I tried he’d look like I’d just beaten him.  It is by far his favourite thing.  And if you throw him something that sinks he’ll stick his whole head underwater to find it!

If it’s mid-late afternoon is there any chance we could make it either Tues or Fri?  There’s a possibility I could do Weds, but Thurs will be out.

It’s very exciting this new walk lark!!

xx

Anonymous

OMG !!!!  bonnie does that too (the head thing) haha !!!!

fri – i wouldnt be with you till about 3ish (is that ok?) if not i could do wednesday anytime from 1:30pm

claire x

Justine&Rafe

Think Friday should be fine then, I’ll have to leave at 5, but that should give us plenty of time!

However… Have just been on the walk and gotten completely muddfied.  Had been fine while it was frozen, and will be ok again once it’s dried, but at the mo is a bit of a nightmare, Rafe was going along being all precious about his feet getting muddy and my boots… well, they’re clean now but it took some serious scrubbing and hosing!

So I thought I’d ask if we can still go on a walk, but I’ll have to let you know if it will be ok to go here, and if not perhaps we can West Husbury it instead??

If we have a few dry days or it freezes again should be ok, but Rafe hates the mud!!

xx

Anonymous

Hiya,

oh dear !  i walked west hunsbury today and it was frozen solid!!  you must have a heat wave in flore 😀

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Yep, that’s it, 30 degrees in the shade at the moment, Rafe has got his swimming shorts and sunglasses out!!

Sadly it’s just wet.  Yuck.

May have to take trip to Hunsbury again today to avoid the mud slides here!

Justine&Rafe

Soooooooooo proud of Rafe today!!!

Apart from a half hour walk to the post office (500m from house), then took him to Hunsbury Park…

Mr I’m-so-perfect was FAB.  He did trot up to a couple of dogs, but came back fairly quickly… But then he was accosted by every single dog in the park.  And there were quite a few there.  And he was GOOD!!  Only once did he look like he was going to hump someone (rhodesian ridgeback that took a liking to the smell of my treats pocket), but he stopped when I told him to.  He just had a quick sniff of them and the COMPLETELY ignored them – totally focussed on me, and bringing me some stick or other.

Ha one lady have to traipse across a big field for her dog who wanted to investigate Rafe, but Rafe just ignored him, even when dog was sniffing his bits!

At last he’s starting to focus more on me than on all the other dogs – and he doesn’t seem so obsessed with figuring out who’s the boss in his encounters.  And it’s nice that it’s not me having to put my dog on a lead to get it to come with me, or to have my dog leaping all over someone else (in my new coat, mind, so I wasn’t THAT impressed with that dog).

Anyway.  Am proud.  Good boy got roast beef for being so good.

;D  ;D  ;D well done!

Justine&Rafe

Thank youuuuu!!  ;D

Anonymous

hehe 🙂

i forgot i’ve got more piccies and video’s of our WH walk !!

one slightly heart-stopping moment where i thought bonnie might be swept out to sea … lol !!  apart from that a lovely walk !!

mine really need a good run tomorrow am – do you fancy EH or WH or we could go to delapre ?

Claire x

Justine&Rafe

Er… so I missed that post yesterday – don’t do computer much at wknd!!  Sorry!!

Also – muchus apologies for attempting to drown your dog last time we were out!  Promise not to do that again!!

Would be up for a walk some time this week if you are! 

xx

Justine&Rafe

Claire,

Am meeting up with a lady I met in Hunsbury park and her 6 month old cocker x springer mini-Rafe at Harlestone Firs today – 2.30ish.  If you fancy a walkies you are cordially invited!  Puppy is bit nuts tho – just as an advanced warning!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime