Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Fighting each other on the walk

Home Archive Forums Dogs Basic Dog Training Fighting each other on the walk

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Yes, lots thanks

I agree with Izzie.  Firstly NO is not a postive verbal command!  And its a word which is used far too much so it means nothing to most dogs.  Secondly why not, instead of ‘correcting’ the behaviour ( i say it like that because i can guarantee it wont correct it)  try showing the dogs what they’re supposed to do and REWARDING when they get it right?  I cant stand it how people think they need to correct dogs for doing something natural, how exactly did you expect these dogs to behave if you don’t SHOW them the way you want them to behave?  They aren’t human mind readers  :ok:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1186245/Training-dogs-Woodhouse-Way-makes-aggressive.html

Also, i hate the idea of clicker training in a class, how is your dog supposed to learn properly when theres tons of clicks happening elsewhere in the room?

If you’d just read the stuff on here

Anonymous

Thanks for your comments.

*Lassie*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14212.msg267310#msg267310 date=1243027962]
    corrected how????
    [/quote]

Think this is what she may be using, the canny collar
    http://www.cannydogcollar.co.uk/?gclid=CJqV3_jB15oCFRAgZwody2Sz2w

Izzie

Nothing in the post to say it was like that though  :-\

Anonymous

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=14212.msg267184#msg267184 date=1242727714]
    In my opinion there is nothing wrong in roller blading, biking, your dog etc, it is no different than running huskies in a rig, or skijoring!  And that is done on hard ground as is can Cani Cross in certain conditions; should we ban these activities?  :what:

There are times for dogs to stop and sniff and times when they are being exercised.

Certainly if you are running or walking your dogs for fitness they should not be stopping and starting!

Mine are run next to the bike 2/3 times a week, they do not sniff then.

Mine swim at least once a week, they do not sniff then.

When they are competing, they do not sniff.

When they are training they do not sniff.

When we are just out for an amble, country walk etc they can stop and sniff when of course they have been given permission.

Trotting on hard roads is not a problem provided a) you have a suitable dog and b) you increase duration gradually and c) yout tailor it to the weather etc.

there are endurance tests which involve the dog trotting 13 miles next to a bike and still be fit to carry out obedience at the end of it (both my dogs have passed this, it is called the Ausdauerprufung, and it is one of the de rigeur tests on breeding stock on the Continent for GSD!
    [/quote]my dog is very fit he had two major ops in one week it only took him one week yo recover he now has only three legs but he still go out from half twelve to three he digs holes eats horse poo lays in muddy puddles plays ball meets his mates let a dog be a dog when he is on a lead he must do as i say but off lead he can please his self with out upsetting any one we meet i have a happy dog 

*Lassie*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=14212.msg267359#msg267359 date=1243257783]
    [/quote]

I was going by this 😉
    She put a collar on scamp (not a check chain) it was like the slip lead but it fits around the neck under the ears (like the halti) which is the part of the neck the mother dog uses to correct puppies and does not choke them like a check chain or choke coller.

Izzie

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=14212.msg267373#msg267373 date=1243277618]
    [quote author=Izzie link=topic=14212.msg267359#msg267359 date=1243257783]
    [/quote]

I was going by this 😉
    She put a collar on scamp (not a check chain) it was like the slip lead but it fits around the neck under the ears (like the halti) which is the part of the neck the mother dog uses to correct puppies and does not choke them like a check chain or choke coller.
    [/quote]

I see where you are coming from, but there wasnt any mention of it going round the nose

Sweetypye

i have a happy dog 

So have I which just goes to prove that there is no ONE way to happiness or to train a dog, isn’t thaat great?!  :agree:  ;D

Mudgie

I see that Scoobydoo is now a guest and I would say………

Scooby Scooby doo where are you ? ;D

Mudgie  😀  😀

kizkiznobite

sorry i missed all this…all i can say is what i always say…there is no need to use any aid for teaching a dog to heelclose….

Anonymous

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=14212.msg267431#msg267431 date=1243423187]
    i have a happy dog 

So have I which just goes to prove that there is no ONE way to happiness or to train a dog, isn’t thaat great?!  :agree:  ;D
    [/quote]yes it is lets hope one day all dogs  are happy if you want to be pack leader fine just let dogs act like dog s his afternoon walk lets act like a dog then the lead goes back on play time over even humans need time off to chill and as for cm the less said about him the better

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime