Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

German Shepherd

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dog Breeds German Shepherd

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

great pics mossy ;D :-*

leanne shadow is gorgeous 😛 :-* :-*

bek

as you no i have 3 gsds very soon to be 4 ( april 7 arin joins the family)
    i love every thing about the german shepherd.
    firm but fair is the best way to train them, they are very eager to please
    to me no dog comes close ;D

Anonymous

[quote author=parker link=topic=7101.msg126939#msg126939 date=1172930973]
    leanne shadow is gorgeous 😛 :-* :-*
    [/quote]

think your forgetting someone  😮

no joly i think its just the angle  😉  🙂

Anonymous

why of course my gorgeous benson, do a breed thread of dogues and post loads of pics of him :-* :-*

young

[quote author=parker link=topic=7101.msg126958#msg126958 date=1172934473]
    , do a breed thread of dogues and post loads of pics of him :-* :-*
    [/quote]

Yes as i dont really know alot about Dogues  ;D

Anonymous

i was hoping no one would ask  😀

Anonymous

do it :-*

Anonymous

Fab pics of Flame,there is a gentleman who joins us on our walks sometimes he has a 9month old GSD called Max,he travelled to Croyden from Swansea to find a pup whose parents had all relevent health checks as no one locally did health checks,(mind you we are in the middle of puppy farming territory)Max is lovely and likes nothing better than jumping through the muck to catch Travis,still cannot keep up ,if he does get close he holds Trav’s tail in his mouth,he is a stunner very much like your Flame 🙂

Shadow is goegeous fizz,looks a very happy boy 🙂

plevna

We’ve had a GSD since we got Perry in 1985. She loved my two sons who were little at the time. We were so sad when she was getting old and her back legs were weak, so we bought another GSD pup , Mollie, before Perry died in 1997 and Perry mothered Mollie for a lovely 3 months. Mollie has grown up to be a strong loyal friend. Now we have a new GSD in the family, 8month old Shep (yeah I know, but we kept his original name) who was rehomed with us a couple of months ago. They’re gradually settling down with each other.

All three of mine were/are very gentle around people. Mollie hardly ever even barked before Shep arrived with his boisterous ways! I love their loyal temperament and their beautiful, magnificent heads. Your Flame is gorgeous Mossy. I’ll get some pics up tomorrow.

Mossyflame

Pics please everyone!!  ;D

Gracie

when i was a little girl about oh i dunno 8 -10 my dad has a GSD, i was afraid of it (dont know if it was a girl or boy was called sabre) when i 1st went in the house as it used to jump, but this was only prob because it was excited to see me. anyway it soon settled down once id been there a while, and just a few yrs ago dad told me that sabre used to sit outside my bedroom door on the weekends i stayed there, and once i has fallen asleep it used to come in the room and sleep at the end of my bed, but it must have gone before id woken up each morning too as i was never aware – isnt that sweet!

also he had another one more recently who used to wait by the front door on a night till everyone was in the house, and also count people in the house if there was one too many used to pin the extra people up agains the wall (not sure if that a good thing or bad thing) and then once everyone was in would go upstairs and settle outside my dads bedroom door!

no pics tho but i do like GSDs

kizkiznobite

my first canine playmate, guardian and protector – he saved my life bless him – his name was roger and i can still remember the feel of his fur on my toes 50 years on  🙂

Attachments:

Mossyflame

Roger was gorgeous  ;D  Please tell us the story of how he saved your life  🙂

kizkiznobite

my parents had gone out on a once a year dinner date  🙂 i was in the care of elder sis who was taking advantage of them not being there – as you do  🙂 i was only a tot ( dad bought roger for my mum as a present when i was born ) i was sick in my cot and choked on it – roger went balistic but my sis was otherwise preoccupied with boyfriend in the summerhouse  🙂 the neighbours heard him and knowing that it was unusual came to see what was wrong – they called the ambulance – and they just got to me in time – ironically having summoned the help – he wouldnt let the strange men in odd clothing near me  ::) lying across my body and guarding bless – they had to loop him off and lock him up.
    and…a few years later his son saved my life too at an age when i should have known better – but that is another story – not for today  🙂

i would never have a gsd – but i have an enormous amount of respect for them as you can imagine  🙂

Mossyflame

That is an amazing story, what an ambassador for the breed Roger must have been.  Although, I am sad to say that GSDs of old seemed to have steadier and more predictable temperaments than many today  >:(

You must tell us the story of Roger’s son some time  🙂

Why would you never have a GSD yourself?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime