Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Why not grooming ???
    Nosy Swanage

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg111373#msg111373 date=1168808559]
    i loved collage it was so diffrent form school
    childcare certificate 1year
    holistic therapy deploma with aromatherapy, refelexology, swidish massage, crystal therapy and hopi ear candles, nutrional infomation and anatomy and physiology my 2nd year
    and then i did level 2 small animal care
    not dog grooming 🙂

xx
    [/quote]

merrow

well i did childcare at school and tought yes i would do that  but then decided it wasnt for me i want babies not look after other ppls lol, as u can tell from my posts im dislexic and dont really enjoy papper work and love amoe hands on aproch, i love nature and all the wonderfull things about it so did the holistic therapys and as i had another year of free corses  i decided to do animal care as i love animals and tought it would be cool and we did 3 placemnts 2 days a week all year and my first one was the groomers and she offered me a jb so as soon as i finished i started work there lol

xxx

and out of every thing iv lernt and worked at working with dogs is the best job iv ever had apart from the whole learning how to empty anel glands  ::)

xxx

Anonymous

MMMmm well I don’t think your dyslexicia is a major problem but four years to me is a problem thats four year then another two for the C & G you could become a Dr in that time
    Val

[quote author=merrow link=topic=5578.msg111388#msg111388 date=1168809193]
    well i did childcare at school and tought yes i would do that  but then decided it wasnt for me i want babies not look after other ppls lol, as u can tell from my posts im dislexic and dont really enjoy papper work and love amoe hands on aproch, i love nature and all the wonderfull things about it so did the holistic therapys and as i had another year of free corses  i decided to do animal care as i love animals and tought it would be cool and we did 3 placemnts 2 days a week all year and my first one was the groomers and she offered me a jb so as soon as i finished i started work there lol

xxx

and out of every thing iv lernt and worked at working with dogs is the best job iv ever had apart from the whole learning how to empty anel glands  ::)

xxx
    [/quote]

Anonymous

Bryony is she paying you a training wage?

kizkiznobite

your dyslexia should not be a problem at all – you can do ‘written’ exams on tape these days – my mate’s daughter did – right up to her phd  🙂

merrow

yeah it gose up every few months or so im just above minumim at the mo 🙁 the wages suck but i do love the job so much. well i would be abe to take my cand g in the 3 or 4 year she send me to a groome in london i think she said and go for the exam but i hant really looked in to it and im not sure if i want to do the cand g at the mo but will c 🙂

wow thats good going i never knew that its not just the spelling but i learn better hands on if u get me i dont really read but i just got 15 books lol and read half of them since crimbo lol.

merrow

im on 475 but im 21 in feb so i think it will go up soon i need to cheek on can i ask how much u get?

merrow

lol god sorry £4.75 an hour lol

Anonymous

ok im no good with hourly figures whats that a month hun?  ;D i was just about to say your boss is pulling a fast one lol! 😀

merrow

i get £4.75 an hour about 20 hours  depending so thats £95 aweek and £380 a month but hours vary

xx

how many hours do u do for £187

*Lassie*

Type in Google basic minimum wage should come up with min. wage 2006/7. Merrow is right she is paid just above the min. for 18 #21 year olds

merrow

it gose up at 22 now now but i think it used to be 21 🙁

Anonymous

[quote author=lassiemad link=topic=5578.msg111434#msg111434 date=1168812362]
    Type in Google basic minimum wage should come up with min. wage 2006/7. Merrow is right she is paid just above the min. for 18 #21 year olds
    [/quote]

Im definately paid over the minimum wage BUT i personally think i should be on more than that anyway  🙂 i just dont want to ask my boss for a totally unreasonable pay rise! she might sack me  😛  😀

Anonymous

All I can say is anyone want to work in Swanage  ;D all breeds

*Lassie*

Joly the hours you put in you should be paid more than the min wage. Anything over 40 hrs is overtime at time and a half 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime