Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Grooming Questions Thread!!

Home Archive Forums Sticky subjects Subjects to be kept Grooming Questions Thread!!

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 544 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Me too  talking pets some I even have back in six weeks;D
    Suz you have been lucky plus the other reason why I would not do it is you could easily catch a piece of ear going from the point to the base

[quote author=Rough link=topic=5578.msg158592#msg158592 date=1184865007]
    I’d use a #15 on the head and ears (I was taught to use a #30!) leave a good length on the jacket to give the same look as being stripped if it wasn’t fluffy, use a #5 on the hind legs 😉 and insist that it came in every 8 weeks.
    [/quote]

😮 I dont do ears in reverse!!! Blimey id cut the ear off knowing my luck – no just the head and throat  ;D

merrow

i used to do cockers heaqd backwards but now use a 10 as i worry about hair going in there eyes

right i used the black oster clipper with a 7f and a 10 i used 7f off her neck down to brest bone then off her head and down to feathering was a bit confussed at bootom so shaved her taile then put in the 2 rosette things under her bum and then cliped it in to the leg she wanted minimal feathering left and wanted it still a bit shorter alltoguth she did say how much of a show dog she looked like lol

i then cliped eyes with 7f didnt look right so i 10then then trimed as close as i could round them they really stuck out nlike all the others  ::) i then  combed eye brows forward and cliped back with over head down cheeks and under nick with 10 then trimmed eye brows and then tidyed beard

i did worry about balding her as her hair is so sparse and fine  when she was rescused she was covered in sores on the majority of her body her mum said it waqs like ash when she bathed her  :'( and the others used to lick them better when they started to heal and now if she dosnt watch them they will sit and lick her back with then pulls the hairs out so she is a bit baldy lol

i am a bit more conferdent with the andis and will be able to aford it next months as doing extra hours so hopefully i will be able to make a better job do u think i should of used a 15 on her head then that seems a little much as i do ppodle faces with that ?

Anonymous

The 10 was fine especially if he has a bad skin but in the picture there looks to be a clipper dip across the head as though your clippers were not held flat enough
    Val

Mmm but bry do you do poodle faces in reverse with the 15??

Did you clip round the eyes  ??? if you did do it with thinners it looks better  :-*

merrow

no i just trimmed around the eyes with my scissors i do poodles face following the lay unless they r fidgets then i do it which ever way i can lol

i didnt relise u cliped under they eyes tht short under the schnauzer i will try and find better face pics b4 i do another one

thank u for all the cooments its really helping me  🙂

No dont clip round a schnauzers eyes – scissors is fine  ;D Just looking back on what I said and it sounds like I mean to clip round the eyes – what I meant was DONT clip round the eyes – always use thinners  ;D

merrow

lol i was gonna say doing ppodle faces freak me out let qalone having to watch out of an eye brow at same time lol hopefully i will do a better job with th andia i hate using them old osters lol feels like iv got a brick in one hand lol

thankks for all ur help

xxxx

Bry – you did just fine honest – just a few bits that need tweaking – for your first one I think you did great  ;D and the lady has lots for you to get your hands on hasnt she  😉

I dont like Oster clippers – not overly keen on my andis either but they will do for now.

I love doing poodles faces  ;D cept when they dont keep still – what I dont like is standard poodles who hate having their feet done they are so darn strong when they want to be  ::)

merrow

i used to do oscar st poodle hated his feet would try to bit but grate to trim up grate coat apart from they wanted his whole head trimmed whaich was a shame but it used to take 3 of us to do each foot  >:D >:D >:D used to hate seeing his name in the book lol but he was nice to trim used to stand everso well bless him

i do miss doing poodles so much need to kidnap me one lol

Have never had a really troublesome standard – and the pup I do is a sweetheart – cos he has a star of an owner and was groomed from day one  ;D

But did used to groom one mini who was atrocious with her feet – I used to trim them really short with scissors to start with – took maybe a year before I could get the clippers near her feet  🙁

I hated not grooming any poodles for a while – they are my absolute favourite!

merrow

lol we used to do a pair one toy he was a well not aloud to use bad langue n here lol took one to hold him one to hold leg one to clip feet with a muzzle on put it this way we called him laws lol but his friend a mini was grate love doing him had a fab coat as well 🙂

No three people for one toy poodle  😮 wouldnt happen here – hed have to learn some manners – little horror  😉

Maybe you should get  little poodle Bry – friend for Teddy  ;D

Anonymous

I would think all those people holding a poodle would send it into overdrive

merrow

belive me he was mad horrid thing we ws the only shop that would do him didnt help that mum and dad had tried to do it but then relised he was the same at home we tried it with just one person  we tried it with owners nothing helped but i think hes stuck in his ways as hes not a spring chcken now lol

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime