Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jesta Woo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jesta Woo

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Update: the paw swells up and then goes down, then swells again.  :'(

Its a constant battle with her, she isnt walking on it properly when she walks, she is walking on the inside of the foot, when she runs, she bunny hopping.

Bev, Val any ideas on how to stop the swelling please??? Anything I should do about the not putting weight through the foot??

Am getting desperate- going to college next weekend and both girls are broken!  :'(

maybe an xray hun to check whats going on inside? i dont know – is she resting enough? if shes doing to much then….and yes lots of quiet time for her  :-* :-*

Izzie

She is being rested, Suz

Just want her to be healthy.

kizkiznobite

ok..you going to laugh…i know you are  😀 but claire asked  :yes:

but…my gran…nursey rhyme…jack and jill and vinegar and brown paper

best poultice for breaks and sprains ..went to school many a morning smelling like the chippy…bet val did too  ;D

whole fresh sage …put them in a cloth and batter with a rolling pin but dont rip them just sort of bruise them……then heat them in a pan over a low heat just covered in white vinegar for about 10 mins …sort of blanching them until the vinegar has steamed off…now you have to work fast….you need ready a sheet of brown paper…old fashioned brown paper like old fashioned bags…lay out the leaves and while still hot wrap around the break and then vet wrap or cling film wrap and put a sock on …..and do it often throughout the day

Anonymous

hi,

i still cant see how the vet knows that there are no bone fragments in that foot or that the fracture wasnt dislodged and even if it wasnt then might it be now with being trod on ?

i would call the vet you saw and ask … and tell him whats happening now

otherwise rest and more rest – i read it takes about 6 weeks to heal bones.  is that swelling lymph fluid or blood – my guess would be fluid because i cant see how blood would come and go but thats only based on logic!  

if it is fluid can you do them fluid massage things bev does to bring it down?  i think its the body reacting to healing perhaps its healing and she’s tearing something again etc….

claire.

Izzie

[img width=351 height=468]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/jesspaw2.jpg[/img]
    [img width=351 height=468]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Izzie72/jesspaw.jpg[/img]

I’m not 100% happy with it, Bev, Val, anyone in the know, can you tell me am I being over dramatic?? :-\ :-\

she not standing on it properly is she – but that no suprise  :-\ is she ANY better Izzie?

kizkiznobite

it hard to tell…but that looks like dislocation to me…she has it down on the floor…is she weight bearing on it when she just stands…as in weight bears until she moves…can you get a vid?

Izzie

I can try to get a vid.

Izzie
    GSPmad

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=12564.msg247544#msg247544 date=1225180974]
    it hard to tell…but that looks like dislocation to me…she has it down on the floor…is she weight bearing on it when she just stands…as in weight bears until she moves…can you get a vid?
    [/quote]

good point…. i thought 2nd toe from outside looked like it was pointing at funny angle laterally but wasn’t sure if it was just my eyes… do her toes look straight izz – do they match the other foot? i can’t tell much from the vid except she’s not limping as much as i was thinking she would be.

Izzie

2nd toe is fine, its the outer toe I’m worried about…

She doesnt seem to limp but when puts her weight on it she seems to be bearing the weight on the inside of the foot rather than it be weight bearing throughout the foot –  if that makes sense? :-\

GSPmad

http://www.grv.org.au/opencms/export/sites/default/grvhome/images/PDF/Application_Forms/Unit_17.pdf

Have a look at page 5 & top of page 6 – about the best I could find.

Knocked Up Toe:  Abnormal carriage of the toes due to avulsion or rupture of the deep digital flexor tendon.

It could be something like dislocation or tearing of one of the digital flexor tendons too.  :-\

Any use?

GSPmad

In top pic 2nd toe looks odd, but the more i look the more i think it is the way shadows are on the outside of it and i am thinking the nail is pushed outwards but it is just a shadow i’m looking at. outer toe looks thickened esp on 2nd pic. but it doesn’t look like a knocked up toe, looking again… scrub all that bit except from an interest point of view – got carried away searching… but the article has some good possible of causes of toe problems listed (i know it’s a greyhound one but its racers and they have to have toes right  🙂 ). see what bev says.

and yep that makes sense – trying to keep weight off sore toe.  🙁

kizkiznobite

terry…think i following and think i sort of got there too…i cannot open that link…so tendons and sesamoids ?….i know there is a link between the 2 …i know it happens on front foot damage on the gunners and prob other workers…  and i know the breaks heal fast but the tendons seem to take forever…  :-\

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime