Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Labradoodle, Schnoodle, Cockapoo, Spoodle, Yorkiepoo

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Brainless

I always thought it was so they looked even more like a lamb.

I got given a dog and cat sticker book when I was about 10 and I wanted a Beddy. 😀

travis

Children often ask if Travis is a sheep ;D

Anonymous

[quote author=rooooooooby link=topic=214.msg182353#msg182353 date=1193228545]
    oooh yeah now ur talking 🙂

beddies are gaaaarjus (why do they have the odd bit on their head – anyone know)
    [/quote]

are you totally insane

Beddlingtons the ugliest minging breed of dog ever  :-X :-X :-X = me trying not to spew  😉

Anonymous

Claire

They are ratting terriers the rats, trying to escape, would claw at the dog’s ears or head and become entangled in fur instead.

Can be nasty little **** more a wolf in sheeps clothes  ;D lots of health problems
    Not on my must have list thats for sure
    Val

beddies are gaaaarjus (why do they have the odd bit on their head – anyone know)
    [/quote]

Anonymous

mmm – i dont much like rats … or that silly hair do … but the 2 i know are mad spunky little things (dont worry they’ll never outshine collies oh no not never)

Anonymous

[quote author=teamblackandwhite link=topic=214.msg182369#msg182369 date=1193235483]

[/quote]

are you totally insane

Beddlingtons the ugliest minging breed of dog ever  :-X :-X :-X = me trying not to spew  😉
    [/quote]

Just for you Waggs 🙂

he came to our dog show, how can  you  say he’s minging 😀

[img width=468 height=351]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/00Lorraine00/Bristow%20Dog%20Show/BristowFunDogShow045.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

with a nice clean looking head that would be my winner 🙂

Brainless

[quote author=Val link=topic=214.msg182371#msg182371 date=1193236346]
    Claire

………
    Can be nasty little **** more a wolf in sheeps clothes  ;D lots of health problems……..
    Val

[/quote]

Well I have never met any nasty ones, for a terrier I find them pretty sweet natured.

As for the health issues, they a re at least as a breed addressing them quite vigorously.  Got the DNA tests for Copper Toxicosis, so a better bet than most breeds from the right source.

When you look at potential health issues in any breed you do need to take into account their prevalence.

Having seen my own breed with quite a list I know for a fact that some of the things listed Friends in the breed for 50 years have never seen, most of the better known conditions only occur very rarely as breeders take all human steps to avoid reproducing problems.

Anonymous

I am not saying that pure breeds health is all doom and gloom, Yes most breeders are working in the right direction but as a public board both sided need putting across, I would hate any guest reading this to think all pure breds have problems more like we are the ones to find the problems but the list for Bedlingtons ain’t short.

Congenital and Genetic Conditions found with greater than average frequency in the Bedlington Terrier
    Canine Microphthalmia,  Cataract,  Copper Toxicosis,  Detached Retina,  Distichiasis  Ectropion,  Lacrimal Duct Atresia  Osteogenesis Imperfecta,  Progressive Retinal Atrophy,  Renal Cortical Hypoplasia  Retinal Dysplasia,  Retinal Dysplasia,

Health screenings sometimes performed on the BedlingtonTerrier
    Eye testing
    Copper Toxicosis (genetic test)
    Patellar Luxation
    Val

I groomed a rescue bedlington once – he was a babe, good with dogs people etc etc – his old owners through ihm out a window when they didnt want him any more  😮

Also cared for one in kennels and he  was NASTY – he would without a doubt have tried to kill any dog he came in contact with, he was incredibly grumpy – put me off the breed for ages!!

travis

Was just reading an article on the man who bred the first Labradoodle,very good article,he gives the reason why he bred them,out of his first litter he only had 3 puppies which only 1 was suitable for people with allergies,out of his second litter he had 10 puppies of which only 3 were suitable for people with allergies,I cannot do links but if anyone wants to do a search it was written for Reader’s digest

Brainless

[quote author=Val link=topic=214.msg182458#msg182458 date=1193246749]
    I am not saying that pure breeds health is all doom and gloom, Yes most breeders are working in the right direction but as a public board both sided need putting across, I would hate any guest reading this to think all pure breds have problems more like we are the ones to find the problems but the list for Bedlingtons ain’t short.

Congenital and Genetic Conditions found with greater than average frequency in the Bedlington Terrier
    Canine Microphthalmia,  Cataract,  Copper Toxicosis,  Detached Retina,  Distichiasis  Ectropion,  Lacrimal Duct Atresia  Osteogenesis Imperfecta,  Progressive Retinal Atrophy,  Renal Cortical Hypoplasia  Retinal Dysplasia,  Retinal Dysplasia,

Health screenings sometimes performed on the BedlingtonTerrier
    Eye testing
    Copper Toxicosis (genetic test)
    Patellar Luxation
    Val
    [/quote]

If you looked up my breed you probably would also come up with a list like that, but some of those conditions even if more prevalent than in the canine population at large are also very rare with even breeders in the breed 30 plus years never having come across a case.  Some things may have been found in just some countires and not others.

Also a problem like Distichiasis, is more a nuisance than a health issue (as long as it isn’t neglectd), on about a similar scale to ingrowing toenails for us.

Even the diseases of most concern like PRA, Glaucoma (inheritance unknown) are very rare.  HD status is not likely to trouble a dogs health in the UK.

So a person taking a chance on any breed where health testing for main conditions and care in breeding to avoid others is taken by reputable breeders is more likely to get a trouble free pet than they are with a haphazardly bred dog especially pedigree, but also crossbreed is parents poor stock.

Dawn

On the subject of Labradoodles I am sorry to say but I think I upset a lady oneday when she said that her dog was moulting.  I said well you have a very expensive crossbreed one that moults and one that doesnt.  It is not guaranteed that you xbreed wont moult. Too which she looked horrified, but I can only tell her the truth

Dawn

how about this for and advert cockerpoos , non moulting dogs.  Sorry to say but are they not a cross with a moulting and non moulting dog so it can not be suggested that they are non moulting and £550 each, big con  I think

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime