Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Lift To Shows Wanted PLEASE

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Lift To Shows Wanted PLEASE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gwensway

Hi

I am not sure where to post this but I am looking for a lift to dog shows with my husband and sheltie, (he can sit on my knee if necessary), I will share fuel and parking costs etc.

We live right on North Wales Cheshire Border,

Thank You!

Gwen.

Hi & Welcome,

I was wondering what kind of shows you are looking to attend ?

If its Open or Champ shows do you have a local ringcraft class ?  Someone there might be your breed / group or a group on the same day as you.  Also, you could try joining the national / local breed clubs for shelties and ask around there (some have internet notice boards).

If its an agility show then you can put your request on agilitynet for free !

I hope this helps – there must surely be more Sheltie/Group/Same Day people in your area and I am sure in this day and age the help with petrol would be snapped up too !! 🙂

Another idea I had was if you went to a few shows by train (maybe have to be without your dog) and got to know exhibitors that go on your days it might be another way to find somebody too ?

Claire x

p.s. Good Luck with the showing 🙂

Gwensway

Hi Clair

I go to the local ringcraft but most are gundogs, terriers or toys. our ringcraft is a small one maybe 18 dogs most weeks.

I am also finding that many are retiring from showing for various resons, which has happened with the lady we used to travel with.

I am now looking for another kind soul. Perhaps there is someone who is thinkng about showing and not a member of our ringcraft?

Thank you

Gwen

Val
    *Lassie*
    Val

The Guild of Canine Trades ( whose members attend the dog shows with their trade stands ) have set up a facility on their web site for exhibitors offering to share their vehicles when travelling to dog shows to leave their details for others to view and make contact to make the necessary arrangements. For further information please go to the web site: http://www.theguildofcaninetrades.org.uk

Gwensway

Hi

Have tried the carshare link but it is discontinued, The Guild register one has been discontinued due to lack of interest and the breed ones do not have anywhere to post the request so I think here is my only hope.

Gwen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime