Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Lucy

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Lucy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    .dodger.

Lucy came into work with me this morning unfortunately it wasn’t just for fun, she came in to see the vet about her lamness in her back left leg and then had to go into surgery as she has torn her cruciate ligament 🙁 She’s doing well, came out of surgery around 12 so she’s only just starting to fully come round now.
    It was really good me working today as i got to drop in and see her whenever i wanted. She’s staying in tonight but should be home tomorrow evening :yes:

I also got a copy of the xray they did post op so will have to scan that in so you can see her new bone 🙂

Everything seems to be all happening at once – the job, the house, lucy and now i have to take Dodger in on monday for his skin ::) Lets just say i am absolutely wreaked from this week and ready for a good sleep 😀

Anonymous

aww poor lucy hope shes ok.  And Dodger on monday  :-* :-*

xtine

:-* for Lucy.. hope all is ok

.dodger.

got Lucy back today, just before i started work so perfect timing really :yes:

She’s doing well, as far as i’ve been told she’s just resting in the create. She’s still swollen and a little red but i’m sure she’ll do fine :-*

Back in 6 weeks for another xray to make sure everything is how it should be 🙂

((hugs)) to the girl, hoe shes ok and feeling better soon :-*

.dodger.

I’m a little worried about Lucy, i am in work tomorrow so can speak to a nurse then but wondered if anyone knew if this was normal. It’s the day after her op and everything seems to be healing nicely except she has a lot of fluid in her hock/ankle area. I know it’s normal but it does seem to be getting quite big….? Anyone elses dog been through this and had the same fluid build up?

Val

Gentle massage up the leg helps  :ok:

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14596.msg271073#msg271073 date=1249852520]
    I’m a little worried about Lucy, i am in work tomorrow so can speak to a nurse then but wondered if anyone knew if this was normal. It’s the day after her op and everything seems to be healing nicely except she has a lot of fluid in her hock/ankle area. I know it’s normal but it does seem to be getting quite big….? Anyone elses dog been through this and had the same fluid build up?
    [/quote]

.dodger.

thanks Val will do that tonight…. was thinking maybe an ice pack could help take down any swelling? (is that a good or bad idea? ???

*Nat*

Aww just seen this Laura, glad she’s ok, hope the job’s going well, will check other post for an update  ;D  :-*

Val

I would not put ice on it just a gentle massage up the leg, the more she gets moving the better it will be
    ((HUGS)) to Lucy

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14596.msg271091#msg271091 date=1249854793]
    thanks Val will do that tonight…. was thinking maybe an ice pack could help take down any swelling? (is that a good or bad idea? ???
    [/quote]

.dodger.

She’s doing really well, fluid seems to be going down slowly but surely and she’s up and moving about a lot more. Still not putting much if any weight on it but she’s starting to flex it a bit more. She doesn’t seem to be in any more pain when she stretches either 🙂

Val

It will be a long time before she weight bears on that leg best thing for her when the stitches come out with be a hydro pool
    Val

[quote author=.dodger. link=topic=14596.msg271157#msg271157 date=1249938952]
    She’s doing really well, fluid seems to be going down slowly but surely and she’s up and moving about a lot more. Still not putting much if any weight on it but she’s starting to flex it a bit more. She doesn’t seem to be in any more pain when she stretches either 🙂
    [/quote]

Mudgie

best thing for BB’s leg when the cast came off was swimming.  And boy could she swim.  Diving to bottom the whole lot – swimming and turning and just having a great time.  She aint got no limp when she in swimming  ;D

Glad it all went well hope she gets better soon  :-*

.dodger.

she’s not a fan of swimming lol but the hospital have an amazing hydro pool :yes:

I’m just pleased she’s on the mend now :-*

*Nat*

Glad to hear she’s doing well Laura  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime