Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

New breed standard photos

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs New breed standard photos

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

you would think wouldnt you that the KC would get decent flipping pictures that arent all dark or over exposed …

the clumber looks like someone cut off a lambs tail and photoshopped it on – even cuberts tail is nicer than that thing !!

GSPmad

[quote author=Sweetypye link=topic=12867.msg247410#msg247410 date=1225126207]
    If you see the continental rotts and dobes that have not been docked for years, they have the tails correct.

It will take time to breed for the correct tail in the UK.
    [/quote]

Continental imports might help.  🙂

No docking in Sweden for a while, so would guess the undocked ones on here are fairly typical.

http://www.justask.nu/gallery.htm

And Google has given up on me,  ::) will look for Dobes later if I remember.

vinya12

great photos of the rotts. the tail looks good held low, I think for dogs with a square look ,ie boxer, the tail looks better curled over the back as it helps keep the square look

Sweetypye

I have just seen a Dobe import with cropped ears but no tail it is competing in Schutzhund.

Seen lots of imported Rotts with tails again in Schutzhund not the showring.

GSPmad

Struggled with Dobes – these are Finnish ones – but they seem to have something of an upward curve to the tail.  :-\

http://www.bruckendorfer.com/etusivu_en.htm

vinya12

I like the tails on the dobes up and over, they have thin tails and its a safe way to carry it.

GSPmad

Yes – but you have a curly tailed breed so obviously like the curly tails. I don’t – I like tails with a natural hang.  🙂

Anonymous

The KC rushed out the new pekingese standard so fast they forgot the tail :yes: :yes: :yes: it had to be pointed out that we have always had a tail and where should we put it now so they rushed out another standard that included the tail  ;D
    Val

GSPmad

[quote author=Val link=topic=12867.msg247498#msg247498 date=1225139550]
    The KC rushed out the new pekingese standard so fast they forgot the tail :yes: :yes: :yes: it had to be pointed out that we have always had a tail and where should we put it now so they rushed out another standard that included the tail  ;D
    Val
    [/quote]

Pin the tail on the Peke.  😀 I think it is probably best kept where it is, would look funny on top of the head.  ;D

Lucyr

We have a mixture of breeds at home also including Rottie’s and I love them with their tails.  Our Rottie bitch’s tail hangs low but when excited and on the move the tail lifts up and curls slightly. 

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime