Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Rant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    -Alison-

Out of control dogs and their useless owners 

My usual route for the rabble in the evening is Riverside Park, now most nights we meet the same people down there and all our dogs get on very well. They have formed their own little pack and the standard of behaviour on the whole is very very acceptable. However…

we sometimes meet a labradoodle and this dog drives ALL us owners insane. No training at all, allowed to run free, annoys others dogs whilst the owner wanders oblivious, she is rude, ill-mannered and greedy. She is now 8 months old and growing out of that cute puppy stage

Tonight as a little treat for our little pack I had got a pack of Tescos cocktail sausages. Out of the blue this dog comes pelting up, barging through the pack and leaping and bounding up at my face. I already have the bag of sausages in my hand so I tell her to sit, eventually after 3-4 mins she realises she is not going to get a sausage by keep leaping and snapping at my hand so she sits still. And gets her sausage. Then as I stand up she lunged at the hand with the bag of sausages in and grabs the bag. Before I can do anything she has ripped it out of my hand and scoffed the lot, plastic bag and all.

I had had enough sausages in there to last all 7 dogs that I normally walk with for 3 days, in less than 2 seconds that dog had scoffed them all. The owner was saying sorry but sorry didnt cut it with me when the dog has no recall & no manners and is full of bad behaviour. I asked him if he had ever taken her to any puppy classes or anything like that and no, they ‘never bothered!’

It does make me realise that my dogs are not as bad as I sometimes think they are and looking on the bright side at least it makes me realise that I have made progress with them.

I know i shouldnt laugh but knowing labradoodles as i do well typical  😀

Naughty owner and poor dog no one wants it to be friends all because he cant be bothered to train her  :'(

*Lassie*

she is rude, ill-mannered and greedy.

Is that the owner or the dog >:D or both ;D
    Think some folks think pups are born ready trained ::)

-Alison-

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=13529.msg258385#msg258385 date=1232658735]
    she is rude, ill-mannered and greedy.

Is that the owner or the dog >:D or both ;D
    Think some folks think pups are born ready trained ::)
    [/quote] lol, its most definately the owners fault Lassie, just cant work out if he genuinely doesnt have a clue or if he just cant be bothered

*Lassie*

;D ;D I meant your comment she is rude, ill-mannered and greedy. was that a description of the dog or the owner

-Alison-

[quote author=*Lassie* link=topic=13529.msg258396#msg258396 date=1232660092]
    ;D ;D I meant your comment she is rude, ill-mannered and greedy. was that a description of the dog or the owner
    [/quote] :embarrass: lol, I did mean the dog Lassie, I’ll settle for lazy and ignorant for the owner  ::)

Justine&Rafe

Soooo know what you mean – my boy was often rude while we were still going through training each other, but by doG did I race over at the first sign of trouble.  To my enduring shame he still jumps up on people… Am still working on it.

What I can’t stand are people that don’t even apologise for their dog’s behaviour – I don’t blame the dogs!  T’other day went out with my boy (who is pretending to be a model citizen at the mo – can’t decide if all the hard work’s paying off or if he’s luling me into a false sense of security).  And some retriever cross dog came hooning over the fields to us – had a sniff at Rafe then smelled the treats in my pocket.  My lovely coat that my fella bought me for xmas was COVERED in mud from dog jumping up to get treats from me.  Owner??  Didn’t even acknowledge me and just walked off, leaving me with the dog leaping all over me!

Have decided I’m going to take home all the dogs that won’t go back to their owners – would have 5 already this week.  All lovely (if disobedient) but owners RUBBISH.

Anonymous

i feel sorry for dogs that have owners like that my boy was playing with a very lovely lab and he chewed her tennis ball what did i do i got the owner a rope ball and gave it to her the very next day and they still play togher evey week day now we both have a new frend

Justine&Rafe

farrokh! – Wish you were near us!  Rafe would ADORE you if you brought him balls!

If only all owners were as nice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime