Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Training on lead

Home Archive Forums Dogs Advanced Dog Training Training on lead

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Izzie

Good Luck!  🙂

Look forward to the updates!  ;D

LOL Gemsy is one thing I cant stand is dogs messing about at lead on time – just sit quietly we get out the door a lot quicker.  ;D

Good luck Walt you WILL get there takes a bit of itme and patience but well worth it in the end  🙂

walt

???, the update of Lady on her walking is, well not that good. My wife said that it started to work by turning around and walking back the way she came from etc, but she is starting to revert back to her old ways. I think that it is going to be a hard task ahead.
    We will not give up on her.
    She has her problems like the walking bit and our other dog Alpha a Goldey eats his Poo and we are trying to stop him. He eats it some times and not others. We go out ther most times to clear it up as soon as he does it, but sometimes he is too quick. Still all dogs like us, are not perfect.
    Except Me of coarse.
    Walt :educated:

rona

Hi Walt
    Maybe she has worked out what is going on now, what about sometimes not turning but just standing still until she comes back to the right position, also when Alf got a little better, I would make him do a circle around me with myself standing still. Like an obedience finish,I would not move until he was in the right position.
    All this worked for me and mine used to almost pull me over when I first got him, but it took a long time

Anonymous

Don’t worry Walt – It does take a long time! It feels like you are going nowhere and can be really frustrating! Meg is starting to learn that the best place to be to get anything is around our feet and when on a lead then next to us is the only way she gets anywhere!! We are not there yet and things happen to make her lose focus but that is life! We can’t make everyone stand still so we can go out for a walk! what I am trying to say is…..yes it will take time….with our dogs pulling had been well reinforced and un doing is far harder than teaching from scratch…we have good days and bad but its ignoring the bad days and looking forward to the next one! Keep up the good work and stay positive! x

walt

We, will really try and keep with it. I am a bit worried about getting them out for walks at the moment, as the weather is really cold and I have a chest infection as well as M.E. and I am not doing too good. My wife is also not well with MS and although until this week or so we always take them out for walks each day we are finding it very hard at the moment. Hope they don’t mind too much
    Sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. >:(

they wont mind – they will cope , concentrate on feeling better, and just do stuff indoors were possible  :-*

.dodger.

don’t know if some one has mentioned it or if you’ve already thought of it… but have you thought of getting a dog walker to take them out for a walk when you and your wife aren’t feeling too well :-\

Hope the chest infection clears up soon :-*

rona

Your dogs seem to have loving owners. I’m sure that’s more important than a few missed walks. Don’t feel guilty

walt

Sorry to go on, but I thought that you might be interested in how Lady is doing with the pulling on lead etc. Well she is still trying to pull but not quite as much and is still going off on one when she sees another dog, only when she is on a lead.
    My wife will not give up on her, even though at the time she has a good mourn about her.
    She really is a great dog and we love her soo much.
    Walt 😀

*Lassie*

Don’t apologize Walt we are all nosy and want to know how you are getting on :yes:
    Glad there is some improvement 😉

rona

Go on as much as you like Walt. I for one am always looking for your updates. I’m really pleased to here that there has been a little improvement. Keep up the good work and telll the wife we are wishing her well with the work she has in front of her

I think your doing very well – specially as your just going on advice from here, thats not easy – keep it up  🙂

Anonymous

It is good to hear your updates! Well done x

walt

Hi, and here we go again. Lady is getting better on the lead, if only by a small amount.  We feel that an improvement  even if by just a small amount must be going in the right direction.
    I must say a big thankyou to you all for the help with Lady, as it is nice to know that there are people out there with dogs that have had these sort of problems before.  Even with at dog training there are ok but never really give an useful advise.
    Happy Christmas to you all  and a Happy New Year.
    Walt :-*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime