Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Wainwright’s dog food

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Wainwright’s dog food

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    corgis42

Hi there!
    For a year and a half, I have been feeding my dogs with Wainwright’s dog food for adults 1-7yrs.  Can anyone comment on whether this brand is OK. 
    Are there any other economical brands one would recommend… brands that have no extra additives and are healthy.
    My male corgi seems to have off&on indigestion problem, while my other corgi seems to be fine.  It could be just a digestion problem with the former.

However if you have had some experience with Wainwright’s food, would be glad to hear your comments.

All ears… Corgis42  :yes:

my boy Stan has suffered from tummy problems and the only thing that keeps his tum stable is chappie and Wainwrights (not together) he gets the chappie in the morning and Wainwrights in the evening.

wainwrights isnt the best dog food, there are better like Burns but i tried Burns and it set his tummy off again so i am now keeping him on chappie and WW

Mudgie

Kerrie have you tried mashed potato just plain mashed potato.  I wonder if that alongside the likes of nature diet would work.  Would be much healthier than what he is on.

I used chappie when Nacho had guardia – it was great for getting rid of runny bottie but it is in essence fish waste and isnt great nutrition wise. 

he has had plain mashed potatoes before yes, this was back when i was still trying to figure out what was going on. im just a bit cautiouse about changing his food again incase it set his tummy off again
    i know that chappie and wainwrights arent the best

sorry corgis not trying to hi-jack your thread 😉

bisto

my friend feeds her 3 dogs on wainwrights and they have lovely skin and coats, they always look healthy 🙂

corgis42

Hi there!
    Thanks for all the replies.  It is most assuring to know that Wainwright’s OK dogfood.  Tried Eukanuba but it makes my dog have the runs.  It’s the same with Chappie.  Our dog boarding kennels recommended chappie when one of our dogs was having a severe case of the runs.  You know, it never helped.  I tried a number of times to feed them some chappie but it always ended up with the runs and a horrific case of the “winds”.  Why is that I wonder?

Mashed potatoes?  Some have said that potatoes are not easily digested by dogs and therefore should only be given in very small quantities.  What say you?

Anyway, thanks for all your advice.  Love to hear some more.

Corgis42  :happy:

have never tried Eukanuba but have heard some bad things about it so thats why i havent tried it

im sure Bev (kizkiznobite) or val would be able to put someinsight into why chappie caused the runs ;D

Val

Chappie contains a lot of cereal most dogs are not affected by it some are so they get the runs.
    Potato is the best thing to feed with a runny tum as they have a high starch content and it helps to line and seal the gut which gives the system a rest.
    I don’t use any balls in a bag dogs are carnivorous scavengers therfore do not get nor need the stuff that is put in to a powdered food which is what a bag of balls is at the end of the day
    Val

Mudgie

Nacho gets mashed potatoes mixed through his dinner two or three times a week probably the equivalent of 2kg a week – he does well on it – he is fed mostly raw and bones alongside – he has mega sensitive tum – he rarely has runny bottie and if he does it is usually due to bunnies or pheasant/grouse that he has munched on whilst out on a run about.

Have to say i always have a couple of the wainwrights meat trays in – dont LIKE to feed the stuff Honey likes her raw but sometimes its unavoidable and got to say its the ONE food that doesnt upset her skin/eyes and tum – would never feed the dry stuff, but the meat doesnt seem to hurt her very occasionally.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime