Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

rona

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dog Trainer Fined for Yanking Puppy by Throat….. #90569
    rona
    Member

    I know a trainer like that, pinch collars, electric collars on puppies and seen him kick a dog. Is there anywhere that we can report them? Kennel club doesn’t seem to be able to do anything! RSPCA not interested unless I have positive proof. How I’m supposed to do that I don’t know. (I won’t go near the guy)
    I thought they were supposed to investigate things like this!

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84018
    rona
    Member

    Have bumped into a couple of people over the last week who have had dogs with possible ligament trouble that didn’t operate, one thinks dog ok after 3 months, this ones’s about 3 years old and a Clumber so a little smaller. The other was a Goldie who is just about right after 6 months, but this one is 10.
    I haven’t managed to get hold of Alfs breeder as they seem to have changed their email address and I have no other contact details. Does anyone know of someone with a Briarsvale bred Goldie?

    in reply to: Doug & Jack……as requested #70103
    rona
    Member

    Very smart looking dogs. How on earth did you get them to sit still long enough for pics? when I had one, he would only stay still while sleeping

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84016
    rona
    Member

    As promised a few pics of my boy, plus one with his mate Muddy the chesapeake. what do you think Piglet?

    [img width=312 height=468]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/Karlnic/Alfie08-07-200508-49-39.jpg[/img][img width=311 height=468]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/Karlnic/P1000367.jpg[/img][img width=468 height=310]http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/Karlnic/P1000372.jpg[/img]

    in reply to: Kennel Cough. #84073
    rona
    Member

    My boy had kennel cough earlier in the year, the vets in the area knew it was about but none of the dog owners seemed to, so I started a local dog website while he couln’t go out much just for this sort of thing.
    You can’t vaccinate after the’ve got it but my vet had allready included it in his annual booster, not the type they have when going into kennels but against some kinds of influenza. there are so many types that Cass may still pick up a strain that she is not covered against.
    It’s a horrid thing, I had never had it in any of my other dogs, and I owned dogs for 35 years

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84014
    rona
    Member

    Front leg was xrayed. Nothing could be found no OCD, broken bones or arthritis. WE assume it was soft tissue injury and it has not really bothered him for a while.
    Pics to follow when other half can help as I’m only a learner with computers

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84011
    rona
    Member

    Mark you didn’t say how long it took before Cass seemed ok. I assume it was quite difficult with such a young dog

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84010
    rona
    Member

    This is very interesting, thanks for all your input.
    Alf has always had an odd walking motion on his back legs. I had put it down to the fact that I could never get proper muscle formation due to his previous life, but maybe it isn’t.
    Having said that, he is a  small stocky boy and is often thought by stangers to be a bitch.
    As much as I am enjoying this thread, it doesn’t answer the question  about recovery without surgery. Most of you seem to have had to go down that route in the end

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84005
    rona
    Member

    Yep he is, he was done before I got him at 11 months, he’s 7 years old now. What relevance is this or were you just asking?

    in reply to: Cruciate Ligament #84003
    rona
    Member

    Thanks for prompt replies. Alf hasn’t been xrayed yet as my vet is not the type to put him through anything which is not vital. She managed to manipulate the joint with him fully awake cos he’s such a softy, the joint is a little swollen and he has been on flexi joint for about a year now and has just started cod liver oil.
    My main problem with him, is that he is used to being out with me all day as i have a job were he can come, and we usually walk for about 2-3 hours a day, so you can imagine the poor little hard done by eyes every time he thinks he should be out! With this amount of time running around I can assure you that he is not overweight.
    He was a rescue dog that I homed when he was 20 months old and he had not been exercised very much and had no muscles at all, I thought that I had built him up slowly but maybe I over did it, as he has had problems with a front leg as well.
    I have managed to track down his breeder so when I have time I will find out if any others have had problems

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

  • Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever

This is Crude Ash Popup From Elementor