Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Jess

Home Archive Forums Dogs Health Jess

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Val

Good news it’s not enlarged, but I thought the ex-rays were being done by the cardio vet
    Vet

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15040.msg274570#msg274570 date=1267797944]
    Xrays have shown nothing sinister, heart looks fine, not enlarged.

Picking her up at 4, and vet is going to ring cardio to get an appointment for next week
    [/quote]

Izzie

He asked my vet to get them done before the scan, so she went in today

Cardio vet will get the xrays along with a referral letter from the vets.

He looked at her jugular pusle today and said that it wasnt the jugular vein pulsating, was the corotic artery (sp?) pulsating.

Got the scan on Tues morning, she been very quiet tonight, slept since we got home and just got up.

Val

Corotic artery  :surrender: thats a totally different path if that is narrowing or got something in it that could cause her to be tired.
    Roll on Tuesday Good Luck
    Val

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15040.msg274588#msg274588 date=1267822112]
    He asked my vet to get them done before the scan, so she went in today

Cardio vet will get the xrays along with a referral letter from the vets.

He looked at her jugular pusle today and said that it wasnt the jugular vein pulsating, was the corotic artery (sp?) pulsating.

Got the scan on Tues morning, she been very quiet tonight, slept since we got home and just got up.
    [/quote]

Izzie

Thanks Val, she been asleep since we got her home at 5, just got up and threw up saliva. She seems to have a major amount of excess at the moment.

He had to give her a GA, as she wouldnt stop wiggling under a light sedation but had been fine there, no white gums, etc.

This vet has really kicked in a gear, been absolutely brilliant, going off asking loads of experienced vets around the world, speaking with vets in the area he knows and obviously the cardio vet as well. Shame Livia hates him  ::)

Diesel73

Am so sooo keeping my fingers crossed for her Izz.  :-\

*Lassie*

Paws crossed for Tuesday :ok:

Izzie

Heart scan has shown nothing new. Mitral valve dysplacia still there, Cardio vet is as confused as us, but is making some recommendations on the next tests we do and asked me to keep a diary of when she goes down, heart rate, breathing rate how long it take for her to recover, etc.

Back to sqaure one now  :-\

*Lassie*

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15040.msg274664#msg274664 date=1268145516]
    Heart scan has shown nothing new. Mitral valve dysplacia still there, Cardio vet is as confused as us, but is making some recommendations on the next tests we do and asked me to keep a diary of when she goes down, heart rate, breathing rate how long it take for her to recover, etc.

[/quote]

You are going to be busy, think of it as a learning curve.
    Then next time you go to the normal vet you will know more than him.

Val

Back to sqaure one  :nono: eliminating stuff Yes

[quote author=Izzie link=topic=15040.msg274664#msg274664 date=1268145516]

[/quote]

Izzie

Something is wrong with her back leg as well, a couple of times when she tried to sit, she jumps up and holds the leg up for a couple of mins, then all is fine, she did it at the cardio vets and he went over over with a fine tooth comb and found nothing there  :-\

She has so many bald pathes now too, poor lass

Diesel73

Ohno……… Jessgirl, come on, time to get a grip and recover girl, this is becoming scary  :-\ . So sorry to hear you still don’t know what is wrong Izz  :-* .
    Still keeping fingers crossed for you.

Izzie

Cushings Negative, Addisons Negative, Coombs Negative.

She had a bad episode this morning, started about 11am, heart rate went down to 40 bpm, rushed to the vets by 1pm becuase she wasnt getting any better.

Walk in she flat, vet walks in she fine.

Done thyroid tests and another test (stress type thing) he kept her in for a couple of hours to see if she goes down there, nothing

Getting people breathing down my neck to have her hospitalised, this has been discussed at length today and we are going to see what the results are like on Monday.

She home and fine

Head is spinning and feel nasueous, really need an answer now :'(

Anonymous

aww poor jess, bet your sick with worry hope you get some answer soon  :-* :-*

Diesel73
    quote :

Walk in she flat, vet walks in she fine.

Done thyroid tests and another test (stress type thing) he kept her in for a couple of hours to see if she goes down there, nothing

Aaaarrrcccchhh! Dogs… they are even worse than kids. Atleast those you can learn how to speak  ::) .

Djeez Izz… i don’t know what to say anymore  :-\ . I soooo wish for you to get an answer, a conclusive one. Being kept in the dark is the worst place to be. Big hug to you and the Jessgirl  :-* .

Izzie

Monday we off to the RVC, with a referral. She can be absolutely fine, she been going for walks and having great fun, next thing she having an episode

Today she went down, her neck and face has started to swell, in fact a number of her glands went up.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime