Shopping Cart
80% of profits donated to UK dog charities. Learn more >

Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Home Archive Forums Dogs Dogs Picky eater, selective pooper and peepee?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166087#msg166087 date=1187870176]
    search online for it.  does it make a clicking sound  :-\
    [/quote]

No, it is a set of 5 discs attacked to a key ring thingy with an arm band, like big coins with holes attached :-\. I will ask the breeder again how she uses it

kizkiznobite

it is a method advocated by john fisher – it should not be used wth nervous dogs – better used to remodify unwanted behaviours than training new ones

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg166097#msg166097 date=1187870631]
    it is a method advocated by john fisher – it should not be used wth nervous dogs – better used to remodify unwanted behaviours than training new ones
    [/quote]

Thanks kiz, he is nervous apparently so I wont until he is confident, he was such a confident dog but int he past two weeks he has become really scared of everything

Mudgie

He has become scared because of your behaviour – this is about how you react around him – the dog hasnt had a personality change – he is reacting to your behaviour  >:(  Read everything that has been posted to help you and you will see why.

go to training – basics – and start again  😉

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166111#msg166111 date=1187871639]
    He has become scared because of your behaviour – this is about how you react around him – the dog hasnt had a personality change – he is reacting to your behaviour  >:(  Read everything that has been posted to help you and you will see why.

go to training – basics – and start again  😉
    [/quote]

my behavior how so mugie? I dont yell, or shove or hit I boil inside but I dont do it and I make sure not to instil feaer in him, only mistake is that I closed the patio door, but now I am glad as he looks to the main door now to go out and not the patio side door :-*

The DOG is spoilt he is nearly 4 months old end of next week so I hope it is not too late to undo. I lay food for him now if he does not eat too bad, I remove it. Yes, I do feel guilty my baby is hungry and does not like anythign I give him BUT, he is ruling me at this point it seems.

kizkiznobite

if a child falls and scrapes knee and yells and creates or goes mardy and whingey and mother bathes soothes kisses and puts a plaster on does the awww it’s ok hun and gives a sweet the next time the kiddy falls and scrapes knee then s/he will expect the same

if mum says oh for heavens sake it is nothing get on…..

this is re-enforcment – does that make it any easier  ::)

Mudgie

You dont have to be aggresive to a dog to make it fearful  😉

You can take this on board or not – I am trying to help – YOU yes YOU need to change once YOU change and react differently with dog then dogs behaviour will be fantastic. 

YOU NEED TO CHANGE  ;D

labattsbaby

[quote author=kizkiznobite link=topic=9146.msg166117#msg166117 date=1187872449]
    if a child falls and scrapes knee and yells and creates or goes mardy and whingey and mother bathes soothes kisses and puts a plaster on does the awww it’s ok hun and gives a sweet the next time the kiddy falls and scrapes knee then s/he will expect the same

if mum says oh for heavens sake it is nothing get on…..

this is re-enforcment – does that make it any easier  ::)
    [/quote]

Yes, of course they will do it again and again.

if I told you what I have been doing the past weeks you all will SHOOT me, so I wont say, because there are some who will dish out the usual insults. So you can figure it out Kiz, because I think you already know what I have been doing when he does not eat 😉 what most mums of dogs do when they bring home that new baby. I said i was not going to do it, and I did exactly that >:(

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166122#msg166122 date=1187872827]
    You dont have to be aggresive to a dog to make it fearful  😉

You can take this on board or not – I am trying to help – YOU yes YOU need to change once YOU change and react differently with dog then dogs behaviour will be fantastic. 

YOU NEED TO CHANGE  ;D
    [/quote]

:-\ change what the spoiling him part :-\

*Lassie*

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166126#msg166126 date=1187873140]

[/quote]

You are being inconsistent in the way you are behaving with him , how much food are you giving him at any one time, it may be the portions are too big and he is simply not hungry when you try to feed him again.
    Throw the training discs in the bin,someone I know uses stones in a plastic bottle, first the dog was wary of doing anything now it totally ignores the rattle bottle so it is a complete waste of time

[quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166090#msg166090 date=1187870358]
    [quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166087#msg166087 date=1187870176]
    search online for it.  does it make a clicking sound  :-\
    [/quote]

No, it is a set of 5 discs attacked to a key ring thingy with an arm band, like big coins with holes attached :-\. I will ask the breeder again how she uses it
    [/quote]

We did a section on these “training discs” along with rattle bottles, shock collars etc in college.
    You throw them near the dog/rattle them/bang them off a bench etc when they’re doing something you don’t like such as constant barking etc. Not very nice things in my opinion.

labattsbaby

[quote author=lassiemad link=topic=9146.msg166150#msg166150 date=1187875005]
    [quote author=labattsbaby link=topic=9146.msg166126#msg166126 date=1187873140]

[/quote]

You are being inconsistent in the way you are behaving with him , how much food are you giving him at any one time, it may be the portions are too big and he is simply not hungry when you try to feed him again.
    Throw the training discs in the bin,someone I know uses stones in a plastic bottle, first the dog was wary of doing anything now it totally ignores the rattle bottle so it is a complete waste of time
    [/quote]

I feed him very small portions, his bowl is the size of a coffee cup diameter and maybe 1.5 to 2 inches tall, and yes, it is porclean ;). I would think that after sleeping all night he would at least want something in the morning, but no skins up his nose and walks off.

So right now I am boiling some beef bones and will strain the liquid and put some on his kibbles, if he turns up his nose too bad, then he waits for his 18 to 20:00 feeding, if he misses this or does not want this, well what can I say? Let him starve?

Mudgie

:-X

labattsbaby

[quote author=Mudgie link=topic=9146.msg166168#msg166168 date=1187877439]
    :-X
    [/quote]

Come on mudgie you are outspoken what the zipped lip all about? I think anybody will get frustrated witha  dog who will not eat. But remember this is not just my spoiling, he was a problem eater from the day I brought him home. He has never eaten a complete meal ever. Most kibbles he will eat in a day if he misses all his meals will be 6 to 7 gms that is a tablespoon :-\

labattsbaby

He peed out side, I brought him for a small run in the basement, he has loads of energy, made him        kibbles and the beef stock he refuses it. What is he living on

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

dogclub is a new kind of dog food business

We are a UK Government registered Community Interest Company
and donate 80% of profits to UK Dog charities

Join dogclub free and enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door

• Cancel or change your deliveries anytime
  • Save 10% on your first order
  • Save 10% on every recurring order
  • No membership fees – ever
  • Simply select “join dogclub” when you place your order

dogclub membership is free forever

• Enjoy easy repeat deliveries straight to your door
  • Cancel or change your deliveries anytime